April 30, 2008

Save the Earth or...

What's on 22 April?

In case you're not aware, it's the Earth Day. The day when every body becomes expert on environment, recycling, global warming, etc.

The day when we pledge ourselves to save the earth or NOT...

Do we really care about the earth?

Don't you think we care more about ourselves?

We try to save the earth so that WE, the shameless humans, can EXPLOIT the earth for a few more years. Aren't we evil? Claiming we want to save something while we wish to kill it as slow as possible. Yet, we can feel good about it, congratulate ourselves that we've done 'good thing'.

The truth is: we only care about ourselves. I'm pretty sure that the earth will be just fine when all men (and women) disappear from the face of the earth. Chances are it will have been a much better place then.

You don't think so? I guess those noble dinosaurs also thought the same way as you do before they were extinct.

I've had enough of this nonsense. My pledge for this year's Earth day will be "go natural": do whatever I want and let nature take its course. I guess I've done the earth a favor: speeding up the extinction of humans which means getting rid of its bigger enemy...

Happy (belated) Earth Day!